Leading Lawyer AML & Financial Crime
Over 30 Years Of Local and Global Experience
Contact our Principal Lawyer Directly
Confidential and Strategic Discussion on Financial Crimes and Cross-Border Transactions
Money Laundering Globally, In Excess Of $800 Billion
Money laundering is the process where profits that are derived from criminal activities are given the appearance of coming from a legitimate source. Money laundering generally involves three steps:
- Placing illicit proceeds into the financial system;
- Layering, or the separation of the criminal proceeds from their origin; and
- Integration, or the use of apparently legitimate transactions to disguise the illicit proceeds.
- We have unparralled unparalleled expertise to assist you to counter threats or all or allegations
Why Successful Clients
Use Goldman Law?*
Goldman Law Awarded & Recognised*
“Legal Service Innovation” (2022)
“Litigation Excellence Awards” (2021)
“International Tax Law Disputes” (2017)
Connect with Our Senior Lawyers
Mr. Jaswinder (Jas) Sekhon
Jaswinder strives to simplify and demystify complex legal matters, to explain them logically and without “jargon”. He resolves and commits to the best possible commercial outcomes for his clients.
With over 30 years of AML Financial and tax crime expertise Read More
Ms. Helena Jane Duckham
Admitted in Australia only
Helena is great on her feet and gets to the heart of the matter without wasting any of the clients time. As a no nonsense lawyer that seeks results and not to drag matters out or waffle. She is too busy to waste your time or hers. Helena focus are assaults, domestic and family violence and related issues. Read More
Mr. Mathew Nott
Legal Advice for Money Laundering Allegations Threats
Why We Are The Best!
From the use of Cash, to More Modern Innovations that Make use of Emerging Technologies.
- Cash is conducive to money laundering as it is portable, used around the world, and difficult to trace. It can relatively easily be smuggled in packages or vehicles, which can also take place across borders.
- The most significant single source of Illicit substance cash is drug smuggling, due to cash being used by customers to purchase drugs at a street level, as well as by dealers and other distributors who also purchase drugs from wholesalers using cash.
- Other cash-intensive sources of illicit income include human smuggling, bribery, contraband smuggling, extortion, fraud, illegal gambling, kidnapping, and prostitution.
Typical Clients in Financial Criminal
Law Matters Include...
100% Success Rate
Indictable (serious matters) or Non Indictable
Local court matters are non-indictable, meaning that the maximum prison sentence is usually no more than two years.
However, if you have a first offence or a number of other situations you can have a no conviction recorded.
Speak with us and we will give you a realistic assessment and strategy.
Yes, we have areal 100% success rate but no one can guarantee that or rest on past successes. We strive to keep our success rate for your matter.
Interpol, AML, White Collar Crime
These type of matters are usually not handled by your mass Local Court criminal law firm.
We have over 30 years experience in regulatory matters which may border on criminal charges, but the key is that we negotiate with the prosecutors, understanding exactly what the difficulty in proving certainty components of the allegations are.
We have deep compliance experience and understand international transactions including the definitions of proceeds of crime, money laundering and suspicious transactions.
Call us to discuss your needs without obligation
Complex Tax & Regulatory Defences
Our holistic experience with high net worth clients including the highest levels of global tax and finance, we are exposed to all the strategies globally, that may involve complex tax, sanctions, AML or regulatory risk.
We have advised bitcoin billionaires, wealthy individuals, manufacturers of defence and armoured vehicles exporting them to various countries. We have also advised on international sanctions and compliance for the same.
Project “Wickenby” was a major focus and expertise for us (New Zealand largest tax prosecution); Our experience in complex financial matters is unique.
Best Defence lawyers? How to tell?
Don't be Involved Inadvertently?
with AML breaches.
Most Clients Engage The First Lawyer or Firm They Speak
to Over the Phone After Doing an Internet Search?
We have considerable experience in all faces and techniques, such as:
- Trade-Based Money Laundering (TBML)
- Misuse of Banks
- Misuse of Money Services Businesses (MSBs)
- Prepaid Access Cards
- Virtual currencies
- Purchase of real estate and other assets
- Opaque corporate structures
- Small-Dollar transactions
Experience & Trust
With deep local and international expertise for over 30 years.
Growing and protecting successful individuals, family offices and business.
Experience & trust built through sheer hard work
Financial Criminal Law FAQ's*
- ‘Money laundering occurs on a global scale with proceeds of crime transferred between jurisdictions, commingled with legitimate monies and integrated into legitimate markets.’
- ‘As the rapid uptake of technology and the online environment grows, criminal groups and individuals exploit this as means to commit, facilitate or conceal criminality.’
- ‘Identity crime, although under- reported, is now among the most prevalent and constantly changing crime types.’
- ‘Increasingly, the globalised and complex nature of the financial sector, and the legislative and regulatory rules that govern it, make it necessary to engage professionals with specialist knowledge and skills.’
*Some of these articles relate to other pratices such as in Australia, not specifically New Zealand unless expresslly mentioned.
**These awards relate to our global pratices generally and not specifically to our New Zealand pratice.
***Some of these answers relate to other pratices such as in Australia, not specifically New Zealand unless expresslly mentioned.